Hot tubs can be a fantastic addition to your home. They are great for parties and can also be a nice quiet place to relax after a hard day’s work. The warm water is great for soothing muscles, relieving pain and calming you down. It can also help with arthritis, type-2-diabetes as well as aches and pains. However, if you have ever needed hot tub repairs you might understand the importance of looking after a hot tub to keep it in good shape. Get the facts about Hot Tub Repair Dallas in Texas you can try this out.
When you own a hot tub it is important that you keep it maintained properly. There are a few things that you need to do periodically to keep the hot tub in good working condition.
If you can keep your hot tub well maintained you will be less likely to need hot tub repairs when something goes wrong. Of course, hot tubs will not last forever so you will eventually need this service at some point but with proper maintenance your hot tub will last as long as possible.
Here are some important tips to keep in mind when it comes to proper hot tub maintenance:
– Make sure that your chemicals are always at the right balance. If the pH level in your hot tub is too high it will dissolve your swimsuit, dry out your skin and irritate your eyes. To fix this, lower the levels of chlorine and bromine.
– If your hot tub is outside, the filters can get filled with leaves, sticks, insects and other debris. They should the taken out and rinsed with a hose once per week.
– Keep an eye out for Algae scum lines along the edge of the hot tub. You can remove this floating green or black scum by adding algaecide.
– When you are adding in the different hot tub chemicals make sure that you only add one chemical at a time to the water and leave two hours in between each one. This will minimize the risk of a negative chemical reaction in the water.
– Always take a shower before getting in your hot tub, as the lotions and oils on your skin will change the pH of the water and cause foam.
– Your hot tub should be left on at all times so that the water can continue to circulate so that algae and other residue do not build up in the filters.
– Once a year you should call a hot tub repairs company and have your hot tub properly serviced. They will lubricate everything and check that the motors, jets and all other parts are working properly.
These are some important tips to remember when you are maintaining your hot tub to keep it running properly for as long as possible.